Thursday, January 5, 2012 – 2:00pm – 4:30pm
LERA Health Care Industry Council
The next meeting of the LERA Healthcare Industry Council will take place at the LERA 64th Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL on the preconference day, January 5, 2012. Stay tuned for more details!
Co-Chairs: Jody Hoffer Gittell, Heller School, Brandeis University; James R. Bialke, National Nurses United; and Jim Pruitt, Kaiser Permanente
Please Join the National Labor Office (NLO)
2011 Healthcare Symposium
Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2011
Washington Court Hotel, Washington, D.C.
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Lunch will be provided together with a special networking opportunity.
RSVP at 202.626.4816 by Friday, Oct. 28, 2011
For additional information visit:
January 7, 2011, 4:30-5:30pm, Cook Room, Westin Tabor Center, Denver, CO
LERA Health Care Industry Council Reception
Sponsored by the BlueCross BlueShield Association and the Heller School, Brandeis University
- Jody Hoffer Gittell, Brandeis University
- Bonnie Summers, BlueCross BlueShield Association
Thursday, January 6, 2011, 2:00pm ‑ 4:30pm, Blake Room, Westin Tabor Center, Denver, CO
LERA Health Care Industry Council Meeting, “Impact of Health Policy Reforms on Workers and the Workplace” (Symposium)
Co-Chairs: Jody Hoffer Gittell, Brandeis University and Bonnie Summers, BlueCross BlueShield Association
- Melissa Miner, BlueCross BlueShield of Massachusetts—Engaging Workers in Wellness: Payer Responses to Health Policy Reforms
- Peter Lazes, Cornell University; Jody Hoffer Gittell, Brandeis University; Ariel C. Avgar, University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign; and Jim Pruitt, Kaiser Permanente—Accountable Care Organizations, Patient Centered Medical Homes and the Implementation of IT: Provider Responses to Health Policy Reforms
- James R. Bialke, Service Employees International Union-Healthcare Minnesota; Joslyn Williams, Washington DC Metro Labor Council; Linda Ewing, United Auto Workers; and Christine Bishop, Brandeis University—New Challenges at the Bargaining Table and Innovations in Worker Representation: Union Responses to Health Policy Reforms
The National Labor Relations Act at 75: Its Legacy and its Future will be held October 28-29, 2010 in Washington, D.C. at the George Washington University Law School and is co-sponsored by the National Labor Relations Board and the George Washington University Law School. For more information, click here.