#MeToo and Recent Legislation
2019 NJLAD Amendment
The #MeToo Movement has brought and continues to bring changes in behavior and policies within our nation. One of the recent changes in New Jersey is the Amendment to the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, signed by the Governor on March 18, 2019. Come join our panelists as they speak to the Movement; NJLAD /Amendment; and legal impacts.
Kirsten S. Branigan, Esq. KSBranigan Law PC
Jessica S. Allen, Esq. Keefe Law Firm
Maureen S. Binetti, Esq. Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer
Carole Lynn Nowicki, Esq. KSBranigan Law PC
Claudia A. Reis, Esq. Lenzo & Reiss, LLC
5:30 to 6:15 P.M. – Registration and Informal Reception
6:30 P.M.– Dinner
7:00 P.M. – Introduction by Moderator, Kirsten S. Branigan
7:10 –8:15 P.MPanel Discussions
- Origins of #MeToo in October 2017.
- Legal Impact includes New Jersey Passes Law Banning Non-Disclosures and Waiver of Rights (March 18, 2019).
- What Maters are Covered?Who is Affected?
- Pros and Cons and Ambiguities of New Law – Will there be No More Settlements?
- Is the new Law on a Collision Course with FAA and the U.S. Supreme Court Decisions?
- Update on New Jersey Arbitration Cases Upholding and Striking Mandatory Arbitration.
8:15 – 8:30 P.M. Question and Answer Session with Panel
8:30 P.M. Adjourn
Galloping Hill Golf Course Clubhouse, 3 Golf Drive, Kenilworth, NJ 07033 (Exit 138 GSP)
Early Bird through Friday, May 3, 2019
$55.00 – Chapter Members $65.00 – Non-Members
Registration Cost May 4 – May10, 2019
$65.00 – Chapter Member $75.00 – Non – Member
- Walk – Ins – $5.00 Additional Registration Cost
- Student – $32.50
1. Submit the online registration form: https://form.jotform.com/90908824778170 and pay online.
2. Submit the online registration form: https://form.jotform.com/90908824778170 and mail check written to LERA, NJ Chapter to:
Paul A. Montalbano, Esq.
Cohen, Leder, Montalbano & Connaughton, LLC
669 River Drive, Suite 125
Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
Visit our website at LERANJ.NING.com for program and details.
For questions regarding this Program or for the Panelists, please submit them to Lucille Alfano at firstname.lastname@example.org.